Friday, July 15, 2011

SodaStream Soda Maker: Eco-Friendly And Delicious

For all you non-water drinkers out there, I HIGHLY recommend SodaStream's sparkling water maker.  It gives your water that little something extra and it also lets you control how bubbly your water is with their patented fizz chip!  Better yet, the flavors are all natural and free of high fructose corn syrup.  I've only tried a few of the flavors since I'm more of a purist and like good old plain seltzer ehem, sparkling water with a squeeze of fresh lemon.  Of the flavors though, I really enjoy the ginger ale and cherry cola flavors and I am really excited to try the energy drink flavor.  They require a small CO2 tank that you can bring to select stores like Williams & Sonoma and they will refill it and charge you half the retail price.  A pretty good deal if you ask me.


And now to the eco-friendly part -
According to SodaStream:

  • 460 billion beverage cans and bottles are manufactured worldwide each year 
  • Recycling rates hover just under 25% nationwide 
  • 141 billion beverage cans and bottles go to landfill each year 
  • It takes over 400 years for a plastic bottle to begin decomposing - That’s enough to keep 1 million cars on the road for the entire year!
After reading these stats, I want to encourage everyone out there to buy a SodaStream and stop wasting plastic bottles.  The SodaStream comes in many styles and price points so there really is something out there for everyone! The website even has a video tutorial which I found particularly helpful.  Find it here!

Disclosure: Some of these products were provided to me from SodaStream to test.

No comments:

Post a Comment