Dermalogica which includes the Special Cleansing Gel, Daily Mircofoliant (exoliator) and Active Moist (moisturizer). The cleansing gel made my skin feel very clean but not tight at all (which I was afraid of because this was the "oily skin" system). After spilling half of the Daily Microfoliant powder all over my bathroom which disappeared into the air like a cloud of fairy dust, I found it to be a great gentle exfoliant once mixed with water - NB: always read the directions on product packaging! The Active Moist was moisturizing, but very light and not greasy at all which I loved. The only thing missing from this product is an SPF.
I've always regarded Dermalogica products very highly, probably because they were always in the higher end spas and their freestanding stores look very clean and medicinal (that's a good thing!). I recently found out about the Dermalogica Academy located in NYC's Chelsea neighborhood where anyone can make an appointment to get their complimentary signature face mapping as well as a targeted facial for your skin type at a reasonable price. I'm excited to try this out. Check out more info about the academy here!
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
One of my favorite shopping sites, ofakind.com just posted this great men's toiletry case by Matt Singer. There were only 30 made so get them while they're hot! My favorite part? It comes with a red comb imprinted with “CUT THAT HAIR YOU HIPPIE” and an art book with a letterpress cover that features Matt’s favorite New York barbershops, as illustrated by Jason Polan. Loves it!
Get it here: http://www.ofakind.com/editions/79-TOILETRY-KIT
Monday, May 16, 2011
This Spring, it’s all about the neon and Make Up For Ever has your whole face covered- literally! Whether it’s eyes, lips or cheeks MAKE UP FOR EVER has a neon shade for everyone.
A few great tips when using neon colors that I learned from MAKE UP FOR EVER makeup artist Damian:
- When using a colored eyeshadow and/or eyeliner, if you line the inner rim of your eyes in black, it helps both your eye color and eyeshadow pop!
- When applying liquid eyeliner, start in the middle of each eye, then go from the outer corner to the center and then inner corner to the center to help with dimension and symmetry of the application
- Apply lip liner over gloss to create a stain – perfect for daytime. Then, to transition to an evening look, apply liner and then gloss!
A few of my favorite MAKE UP FOR EVER neons include:
- Aqua Eyes in #7L: Aqua Eyes eyeliner is one of my favorites because it’s long lasting, smudge-proof, tear-proof and waterproof! ($18)
- Lab Shine in #S26: This lip gloss delivers color plus shine ($18)
- Aqua Liner in #4 and #8: Like the Aqua Eyes liner, this liquid liner guarantees water-, tear-, and smudge-proof color. #4 is a gorgeous, shimmering emerald green color and #8 is an iridescent electric purple.
All products are available at the MAKE UP FOR EVER Boutique at Sephora, Sephora.com and Sephora stores.
Disclosure: Some of these products were provided to me from MAKE UP FOR EVER to test.
Sunday, May 15, 2011
NARS just launched a cool new interactive game to support the launch of Francois Nars' new book - Makeup Your Mind: Express Yourself. Visitors to the site are encouraged to replicate various looks and upload them to the site. The more looks you upload, the more bonus "♥" points you get.
The NARSissist who receives the most ♥s overall on the website for a submitted look by August 31st 2011, will win an all-expense-paid trip for you and a friend to New York City for Fashion Week in February 2012.
12 Special Prizes will be given to each NARSissist who receives the most ♥s for each individual look. They will receive an exclusive gift set, created for the launch of the book Makeup Your Mind: Express Yourself. For more info: http://www.makeupyourmind.com
Thursday, May 12, 2011
A few weeks ago, I visited the Green Products Expo in NYC and found out about a great organic skin care company - Australian Scent. I sampled one of their soaps "OATS GOATS N' BEES" and it smelled AHHHHMAZING! According to their website, the soap is made from organic oats, goat milk, raw honey and tangerine. I found it to be extremely moisturizing and nourishing. Find it here: http://www.australianscent.com/products/soap/oats-goats-n-bees.html