Sunday, May 29, 2011

Good Clean Fun With Dermalogica

I recently tried the "three steps to healthy skin" from Dermalogica which includes the Special Cleansing Gel, Daily Mircofoliant (exoliator) and Active Moist (moisturizer).  The cleansing gel made my skin feel very clean but not tight at all (which I was afraid of because this was the "oily skin" system).  After spilling half of the Daily Microfoliant powder all over my bathroom which disappeared into the air like a cloud of fairy dust, I found it to be a great gentle exfoliant once mixed with water - NB: always read the directions on product packaging! The Active Moist was moisturizing, but very light and not greasy at all which I loved.  The only thing missing from this product is an SPF.

I've always regarded Dermalogica products very highly, probably because they were always in the higher end spas and their freestanding stores look very clean and medicinal (that's a good thing!).  I recently found out about the Dermalogica Academy located in NYC's Chelsea neighborhood where anyone can make an appointment to get their complimentary signature face mapping as well as a targeted facial for your skin type at a reasonable price.  I'm excited to try this out.  Check out more info about the academy here!

No comments:

Post a Comment